Friday, February 11, 2011

TODAY I HAD A AH HA MOMENT


I went to  visit my dad today like I always do to see how he is feeling, my father previously had two strokes and is a diabetic so its important I check on him daily, make sure he is eating right etc. As I was sitting there talking with him, I realized how blessed I was to still have him in my life, when I'm around my father I feel like I'm around someone great, someone wise  he always leaves an impression on my heart or a thought on my mind until we met again. 


As I was on my way back home, I called my BFF KT just to tell her thank you, "for what" for keeping it real with me, always telling me the truth weather I wanted to hear it or not, and I wanted you to know that I love you and I'm proud of you and that's all I wanted to say. After we hung up, I cried for a few seconds, but these were those good tears, those tears of happiness, tears of revelation because at that moment I knew the one thing so constant in my own life were  my friendships with KT and the Love I feel for my Dad. 


Life is a muther fucker, so many twists and turns and just when you have it figured it out, another hill comes that you must climb, but climb it gracefully and slide down the other side smiling. Its the small moments that will make you understand why we give so much of ourselves to our families, why we don't say no anymore, and why we love the way we do. Today I had a AH HA moment, Today I loved my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment