Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How much time do you focus on shit you can't change, WAKE UP!!!





I've been struggling with stress,  anxiety, and worrying about the past, present and future, basically worrying myself right into an early grave. So I decided to get a one way ticket to ATL, I didn't pack much just a few change of clothes, I had no idea what I would be doing, where I would be going, but one thing for sure I knew I wasn't coming back home until I figured some things out that involved changing my bad habits and replacing them with good ones, ones that would truly benefit me. The first few days in Atlanta I spent alot of time talking about myself, listening to all my victim stories & and complaining about how tired I was and how I didn't know what to do with the rest of my life.The hardest question I needed to answer was where did my passion for life go?

One morning I went over to Barnes and Noble to check out a few books, and one book caught my eye  it's called "Stillness Speaks" by Eckart Tolle  I took it home and began reading it. I read it until I feel asleep, I read it when I woke up and I still reference it. This book spoke to me, it spoke to me about some things in my past  that I needed to bury, so after a few more deep conversations with KT and some praying I slowly began to close the door on the past.

 I'm learning not to be anxious for the future, but only live in the moment, because that's all I  have control over. THE NOW is what im focused on, I'm focused on finding my passion in life again. A few days ago I ran into an old friend who told me she changed companies, I couldn't believe it she was so loyal to them, "Why did you leave" she said "because I want to spend the rest of my life the best of my life" WOW that's a great example of doing what your passionate about and making every moment count.

So I write this to you to say, let go of the past, bury it, forgive those who hurt you, forgive yourself, write a letter to someone you hurt and say sorry, you don't have to send it, just write it and release the burden you've carried around. Don't worry about the future because its out of our control, and why worry about something that hasnt happend?  When you begin living in the NOW you start to become alive and you began to take responsibility for your happiness.  

Ive learned worrying about the past wont change it, being anxious about the future is a waste of my time, but  NOW is what I have control over, this moment, this day. Today I want to be happy, today, I want to be the best mother to my children and the best wife and a good friend, and confidant. Today, I will set out to do what I am passionate about.

Here's a great prayer to start your day off with "Christ's Prayer" Give us this day our daily bread and remember we are only asking for today's bread. Not the stale bread of yesterday, or if you will have bread tomorrow. Today's bread is the only kind of bread you can possibly eat. Think about it! 

Well I finally made it back home, and of course I haven't changed over night, I'm a proud work in progress. Once I acknowledged I needed to change I began to take control of the things in my life that bothered me the most and im dealing with them one at a time. I find myself a lot calmer, Im becoming more patient, and I'm not focused on "what if'. Ive been spending more time reading and writing and most importantly I forgave an old friend who I was so angry with for years, I spent alot of time consumed with anger it began to  effect my health and my quality of living. Ive realized  the importance of forgiveness. My steps are lighter, but my journey is long, im grateful for this journey and I'm very excited about it

Peace & And Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment