Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What did they say about me when I left the room?

   
Friendship, along with marriage has to be one of the most important and significant relationships we have in our lives, and like marriage I have learned that friendship requires love, time, and lots of communication. Ive been blessed to have one friend for over 25 years and I'm realizing our phone calls are less frequent due to all of these social networks, I feel like I'm finding out what shes up to at the same time her other followers are, but who's to blame?

I was at the mall the other day and I ran into two very old friends of mine, one of them suffered two heart attacks in the last six months and I didn't even know because I didn't even have the decency to pick up my phone when she was calling. The other friend I ran into has a smile that would blow you away, and I called her by the wrong name. I was so embarrassed when she reminded me that we just saw each other less than six months ago at church and I didn't even remember the encounter. When I got in my car and as I was driving home I wondered "what did they say about me when I walked away? was I a phony bitch, a corny bitch? a shady bitch, a crazy bitch or were these all the things I thought of myself for not staying in touch with people I once shared so much of my life with and they seemed to remember more about our past together then I did! At the at moment I made a decision to find a way to get together with all my old friends and just catch up!

Ive realized, I'm nothing without those friendships, I love my life as a mother, a wife but I'm so much more but without those significant women and their friendships that's all I am and I'm not ashamed to say that's just not enough. I'm lucky these women still even want to talk to me, and want to come have dinner with me and reminisce. Thank GOD for friends and next time I leave the room I know what they will have to say about me! "that's one hell of a women"

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment