Sunday, May 20, 2012

When a women mentally detaches herself from you it's over



I stayed in a relationship for over five years because I fooled myself into believing he would change, but in reality it was me that needed to change and part of that change was letting him go, he was holding me back , not physically but mentally because I spent so much energy into putting him and his needs first and I forgot about what I wanted in my own life.
As women, most of us constantly feel the need to protect our men, be loyal to our men to prove to them just how far we will run the distance for them, and after all the running, loving, hurting, and fighting, we are left standing looking in the mirror, thinking where has all the time gone. Who am I without him? 
What happens is that we forget about ourselves our dreams become their dreams and our voices become silent then our hearts become silent and finally we become stale. 
Alot of men don't realize, women are like flowers, we need watered daily, we need loved we need touched and most of the time they don't even notice we are wiltering, until its to late and mentally we a have already detached ourselves from the relationship and another thing men don't realize that once we have made our mind up to move on, it’s to late. Were gone!

A letter from Lisa in Minneapolis thanks for letting me telling it!

2 comments:

  1. Always on point my sister.....it is time for your OUTSIDE voice Ms. Gabor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, just 5 minutes ago I had this conversation with a male friend of mines, this is so true...after 11 years in a going no where relationship...I need to move on!

    ReplyDelete